This has to be one of the heaviest years in music history. COVID-19 has forced festivals and tours around the country to cancel or be postponed, resulting in the industry taking a tremendous financial hit. While we all self-quarantine ourselves during these tough times, there are some ways to keep the music alive in you. Here are some activities to hold you over.
Watch a Music Documentary
1. Avicii: True Stories - This is a gut-wrenching look at the artist's toxic lifestyle before his untimely death.
2. Zedd True Colors - This is an inside look at the making of his 2017 album True Colors.
3. Fyre Fraud - This Hulu documentary illustrates how the disaster unfolded.
4. Fyre: The Greatest Party That Never Happened - This Netflix documentary gives another perspective of the flop.
5. EDC 2013: Under the Electric Sky - This is a behind the scenes loom at the making of the magical music festival in Vegas.
Livestream Your Favorite DJs1. Diplo - He will be live-streaming a set from his room every night.
2. Ultra Music Festival - They will host their first virtual audio festival on SiriusXM on March 20th. It will host DJ sets by Armin Van Burin, Martin Garrix and more!
Watch Youtube Videos1. Search valuable DJ & producing tips on Youtube. It's free!
2. Watch your favorite artists get interviewed.
3. Reminisce on your favorite music festival moments and watch them online.
Find New Music & Make Playlists
In our normal day to day lives, we simply do not have enough time in the day to find new music anymore. Take advantage of this opportunity and find new tunes. You can even make a new playlist for your workouts, pregames, work and more!
Support Artists & Buy Merch!
Lastly, shop the web for some merch to rep your favorite artist. They need your support more than ever right now.
Got more ideas? Share your suggestions in the comments below!