Sending Off 2015 With a Bang
Image Source: (http://www.michigan.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/Bay-City-Fireworks-Festival-1.jpg)
Written By: Katherine Kim
We’re already saying goodbye to 2015 (what a year it has been!) but we’ve had a lot to reflect upon and even more to look forward to. As we prep ourselves for the last shows of 2015, we’ve taken some time to look back on what we as a family accomplished this past year.
For starters, Electric Family celebrated our third birthday and, with all of your help, we’ve raised over $200k for various charities across the globe. We’ve also introduced numerous artist bracelets including Skrillex, Hardwell, Deorro, Zomboy and many, many more. Our website got a facelift from the previous design, and earlier this year we worked with Krewella and LA Works to paint murals at the Frieda Kahlo High School with 50 of our loyal fans. It’s been a busy, crazy, productive year and we’re looking forward to expanding our charity efforts in 2016.
That being said, it’s not quite 2016 yet so we’re looking to send off our 2015 with an incredible bang. There’s an incredible lineup of events to close out the year, and we’re excited to count down the clock with some of our favorite artists. Where will you be when the ball drops?
- Reaction NYE – Chicago’s first two-night event is set to take place at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center and hosts a massive lineup for the Midwest’s Largest New Year’s Eve event. With a diverse musical landscape, Reaction NYE features incredible talent including Deadmau5, Skrillex, Jamie Jones, Badbadnotgood and tons more for this two-night event near Rosemont, IL. This is the first time React is hosting a two-night event for New Year’s so don’t miss on out this extravaganza! VIP and General Admission tickets are still available here.
- Countdown New Year’s Eve – Good ole’ Insomniac is back with their annual New Year’s jamboree. Located at the Nos Events Center in Southern California, Countdown hosts big name artists like Kaskade, DJ Snake, Flux Pavilion and many more. Countdown starts at 4pm this Thursday and General Admission and VIP tickets are still available if your other plans fall through. Oh, and did we mention that the VIP ticket gets you access to free Wi-Fi spots and a hot chocolate and s’mores bar? Seriously, what more could you ask for to ring in 2016?
- Snowglobe Music Festival – Hit the slopes then the party with Snowglobe Music Festival in Lake Tahoe, California. This all-in-one music festival, winter expedition and New Year’s Eve celebration takes place at the Lake Tahoe Community College and boasts acts like Louis the Child, G-Eazy, Run the Jewels and more. While three-day passes have sold out, you can still cop single day last chance VIP and General Admission tickets on the Snowglobe website. Let your inner snow-bunny wild and party under some killer views and faux-icicles as you bid the year farewell.
- Lights All Night – Dallas knows how to throw a party and they’re not holding back with Lights All Night. Fully equipped with three stages over two days, Lights All Night hosts some of Dallas’ best local artists and plenty big-name folk for its sixth annual New Year’s party. You got Hardwell and Thomas Jack gracing the Main Stage, Jauz and Salva on deck at the Satellite Stage; don’t forget local DJ’s Zander and Mile High representing their hometown on the Super Disco stage. Best of all? Tickets aren’t sold out so buy yours today!
- Decadence NYE – The fifth annual two-night festival takes over the Colorado Convention Center in, actually, less than two days. How could you possibly say no to partying with Gramatik, Excision, Hot Since 82 or Jack Ü, just to name a few? This gigantic festivity is sure to bring you to your feet as all participants become residents of the City of Decadence (according to their website) with its luxurious art installations and two massive main stages. Tickets for this event are still available so if you’re ready to celebrate in the Mile High City… well, what are you waiting for?
There are plenty of events to help you ring in the New Year, whether big or small. Honorable mention goes to OMFG! New Year’s in San Diego, one of my favorites, featuring Henry Fong, Porter Robinson, Borgore and plenty of booze to keep you happy. The options are endless for ringing in 2016 and whatever you choose to do, we wish you a Happy (and safe) New Year and we’ll see you next year!