About This Collection:
We have partnered with Krewella to bring you this collab crewneck sweatshirt. The crewneck is made with premium recycled fabric and features spiral dye details on the sleeves with a full front print. Krewella also answered a few of our questions, check it out below!
- Crewneck drops Friday, July 2 @ 10AM PST
- Premium recycled crewneck
- Gray body
- Black spiral dye sleeve details
- Front chest print
- Electric Family woven label
- Authenticity guaranteed
5. Do you think more brands and companies in general should be taking steps to be more eco-friendly?
I think if there was more of a demand for merch made out of upcycled materials from both fans and bands, then merch companies would adapt to the environmental needs, and start taking steps to implement more sustainable practices. Developing a sustainable way to source materials will be a challenge and will require creative thinking, but short-term inconvenience is always going to be a part of re-imagining systems. There is a huge void of upcycled materials in the band merch industry, so if anything, there is a huge opportunity for new business models.
6. What are some simple things you think people can include in their daily routines to be more sustainable and eco-friendly?
These are some practices that we uphold at home:
- In the summer or if you live in a desert climate, hang dry clothing in the sun instead of using the dryer, which not only lowers your energy usage at home, but can save money on utilities.
- At home or if you're in a hotel, be mindful about turning lights off in rooms that are not in use, as well as switches on power strips.
- Invest in a metal water bottle so you don’t keep plastic water bottles at home.
- Instead of throwing away vegetable scraps and skins, look up how to use those materials to make pesto, sauces, and broths. The internet is a valuable resource for recipes made of anything!!!