Drops Friday, February 5 @ 10AM PST
About This Collection:
We have partnered with VNSSA to bring you this crewneck sweatshirt. The crewneck is made with premium fabric and features a tie dye swirl pattern with gradient prints on the front and back. VNSSA also answered a few of our questions, check it out below!
- Crewneck drops Friday, February 5 @ 10AM PST
- Premium Crewneck Sweatshirt
- Multi-color tie dye swirl pattern
- Gradient print on front left breast and back
- Sleeve detail print
- Electric Family woven label
- Authenticity guaranteed
1. Where did your journey with music start?
In 3rd grade orchestra with the cello.
2. Can you pinpoint a moment where you realized you wanted to be a DJ/producer professionally?
I realized I wanted to make music by myself about 10 years ago, I just didn’t know how to accomplish that. After I started learning how to DJ, I loved it so much and I knew that I was heading down the right path.
3. What informs your music making? Are there any outside (musical or not) interests that inspire the music that you make?
Other types of music are a big inspiration for what I write. Sometimes I just feel creative without any source of inspiration. It’s just a mood. But most of the time inspiration strikes after listening to music I love and just wanting to create something as beautiful, or at least try to.
4. Fans frequently see the lemon symbol pop up in your brand. Where did this come from and how did this get started?
It started as a cute sticker idea and kind of just morphed into this “brand”. My friends used to joke saying that first I’m sour, then I’m sweet, because I didn’t get along with any of them when we first met, so that’s what started the whole lemon thing and I guess it just snowballed from there.
5. We’ve seen some of your recent projects release on notable labels such as Techne, Box of Cats, and Dirtybird. With so many prominent labels under your belt, is there a dream label that you would love to release on this year or in the near future?
I have a lot of dream labels but right now I want to release a solo EP on Dirtybird Records in the near future. Other than that I’d love to release on Lobster Theremin and also Running Back Records one day.
6. We’ve been in lockdown for almost a year now. How has COVID affected your music? Have you made anything new through all of this?
It’s affected everything. The style of music I make, the way I make it, when I make it. I’ve made a lot of new music and learned a lot last year. Even though we weren’t able to tour, I’m happy I got to spend so much time honing my craft.
7. What are you looking forward to doing the most once everything is safely reopened?
I can’t wait to go to festivals and clubs again and seeing all my friends. But what I’m looking forward to the most is seeing my family! I really want to visit my mom in Costa Rica because I’ve missed her so much.