With everyone locked indoors, artists have had to become even more creative than usual in order to get us the content we beg for. Before COVID-19, music videos were often million dollar productions, equipped with everything from explosives, to globe trotting locations, to sets filled with hundreds of people. Now, music videos have gone the route of a homemade video style, where the artists have only the circumference of their own house to shoot.
Of course, not all artists lie on the same place on the spectrum of privilege. Some, like lets say Drake, have mansion and camera guy who can follow them around a home than seems to go on for miles. Where others like Yungblud, are bouncing off the walls of their shared apartment to their new track. There has even been the first-ever music video shot solely on Zoom by the poppy psych-rockers Thao & the Get Down Stay Down
Below are some of the latest music videos to come out of the age of quarantine:
1. Drake - Tootsie Slide
2. Yungblud - Weird
3. Thao & the Get Down Stay Down - Phenom
4. Kygo and Zak Abel - Freedom
5. Dillon Francis and BabyJake - Touch
6. San Holo - staring at the sea without you next to me
7. Alesso and Liam Payne - Midnight
8. Twenty One Pilots - Level of Concern
9. Kehlani - Toxic
10. Justin Bieber and Ariana Grande - Stuck with U
What have been some of your favorite quarantine style music videos? Leave a comment below to let us know!